Not all boilers are economical to repair and this one is a very good example. Vaillant Thermocompact with cracked main heat exchanger. When I got to the property the boiler main sealed chamber was full of water. Main burner was under water, gas valve full of water and on top of that all electronics (Main PCB) was soaked from water running all over the boiler and onto the kitchen worktop. I tried to remove the case slowly and I got loads more water out of the chamber. Video below shows the the boiler after it was isolated from the system and leak was much smaller.
Inside of the combustion chamber was all sludged up from dirty system water.
Boiler got isolated and tagged as ID. Client will have a new boiler installed next week.